I've spent the morning drinking coffee and spilling my guts upon these 'pages,' wondering why the hell this medication (prednisone) MUST make me feel so damn off, a little depressed, swinging from motivated to just too damn painful to walk. Hell, I don't have any answers, so I just let my feelings crash upon the pages until I can at least figure out what the hell to do.
The house is quiet. My choice. Just quiet today. No music pouring from the Bose... just the sound of a small, ticking clock nearby... and typing. Coffee as fuel, and the inner turmoil of prednisone hell. Yeah, yeah.. I know I talk about this a lot, but it really is rather overwhelming at this time, especially since I've dropped down another 5mg. What will the effects be this time, I wonder?
Next week I see the pulmonologist. Last appointment I had revealed mild COPD and many lung changes since the first CT. In 3 months time things got a bit worse for my lungs, but that was BEFORE the prednisone! I wonder at this time if the prednisone will actually help my lungs and keep the nodules and focal thickening from becoming worse? Seems my breathing is better, and with less wheezing than before. Could be, could very well be the anti-inflammatory effects of this very powerful corticosteroid. We will see. Not sure if the Dr. will order another CT to check things. But we will see.
I see the hepatologist again on the 25th. He may order labs to check my liver enzymes, etc. I'm not sure what will happen medication-wise. I hate the prednisone side effects, but I hate the idea of a flare-up even worse. Ugh. We'll see what he decides.
Dammit. I feel like I'm in limbo. Could very well be that my cortisol levels are low and making me feel low as well.
*sigh*
I have so much to say, really.... and I'm just not saying it. Maybe a bit later when I can realistically deal with what I'm feeling. Maybe after I get a few things done around the house... Need to make the main office room ready for an exercise bike---a huge expense, but a necessary expense IMHO. There's already a new tv and blu-ray player for the room, and now all that needs done is to shuffle things about to make a space for something that's going to help me immensely.
... yeah... there's that.

No comments:
Post a Comment