Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A hot meal....

This is America.  Is it too much to ask to be able to afford a hot meal at least once a day?  Maybe a meal that 'isn't' oatmeal or ramen noodles?  REAL food perhaps?

I'm just sayin'.....

Maybe it's because I'm dead tired, worn to the bone big time, not sleeping nearly enough, not eating hardly at all, worried sick and anxious most of the time.  But... I'm beat, literally, to the core.  I'm weak, can't think straight, sore all over almost every single day.  Yeah, yeah... sure, fixing those things listed would help, but it's the ABILITY to fix those things that I'm talking about.

Honestly, is it too much to ask to just be able to sit down and eat a hot meal after you've worked your A$$ off all day?  :(  I'm so tired of being hungry.  And please, if you're reading this and are thinking "maybe get rid of internet and you could buy food!!," don't waste your breath.  My neighbor is kind enough to let me use her wifi, because no... I cannot afford internet.  'Nuff said about that.

I'm hungry.  I mean, really hungry.  And it's frustrating, to say the least.  What's this country come to?  I mean, it's bad enough when you have homeless and hungry people on the street and in shelters.  But seriously..?...when people work their a$$es off and are STILL hungry---there is something VERY wrong.

Yes, I'm grateful that I have a job (two now).  But I've gone from UNemloyed to UNDERemployed.  Better than unemployed?  Yes!  But even with 2 part time jobs that do NOT pay a living wage... well, you get the picture.

Maybe it's not a big deal to some, and I see and hear evidence of that all the time, but it's a very big deal to those who work very hard and still aren't able to meet the financial minimum for most basic needs.

Realistically----there are a lot of us out here falling through the cracks.  And it sucks.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...