Friday, January 22, 2016

A Little Smartassy... because I can

Ha!  Okay, so I'm just pushing myself through this day so far, doing some research as to the oddball things on my recent labs (just got the copies yesterday afternoon), and honestly just too damn tired to do anything productive.  I'm breathing!... what more do you want? ;)

It's just one of those "Screw it all!" days, the kind that makes me feel like all I really want to do is crawl back in bed and cocoon myself in my favorite blanket.  Yes, I CAN do that, but my mind wouldn't allow me to be quite that lazy.  I've not spent my life as an idle person, but when I started getting sick.. everything changed, hugely.  Now, my brain still thinks I'm energetic, but the body says.. 'Aw, HELL no you aint!"

Whatever.  I'm getting through this day best I can, and that's all I'm capable of at this very moment.  At least, for whatever reason, my arms have stopped aching.  Still very weak, hard to stand, walk, etc... but hey, I can still stand and walk, so I'm good.

One of thethings I do when I'm not feeling up to par (to put it mildly) is allow my inner 'smartass' to come out and play.  All in good fun.

And honestly, I should be adding this in my other blog "The Crap I Spew," and I mostly likely will repost in that one... because I can. lol  See?  I'm really trying very hard to step away from not feeling well, and if smartassy me can help, then by all means...!

So in all fairness, this is a coping mechanism.  The reality is that laughter DOES help, and most of us usually benefit from being a little crazy now and then.  Honestly, it doesn't matter in what form your crazy comes in, as long as it doesn't do any harm to you or anyone else.  I mean, we gotta keep it real, right?  There's crazy, and then there's "CRAZY." ;p

Another thing I like to do is post random thoughts, you know, from those 3am wake-ups that happen for no damn reason...

Random thoughts at 3am: "I wonder if I'd look good in a sombero?"

.
.
.
.
Yeah, I'm not gonna try and explain that one.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...