I guess someone had to put things into perspective. Oddly, I guess in some ways I couldn't really picture it, the nodule on my thyroid. Oh, there've been times I thought I saw something when looking in the mirror, but I wasn't quite sure and, well, just assumed it was my imagination.
My imagination is a little bigger than a cherry, it would seem.
I'm not sure the image is going to actually in 'actual' size, and Blogger tends to 'size to fit' images anyway, but.. if you've ever eaten an average size cherry, then you know about what size one is. The nodule on my thyroid is a little bigger than a cherry and almost the size of a quarter, but this gives an idea of what's sitting in my neck. Somewhere.
It's also been explained to me that it's a 'smidge' smaller than a quarter. Either way... yuck! Still, I guess I'm just glad I can't really SEE the darn thing. Well, maybe a hint of it when I swallow. Unless that is my imagination. lol
So the ultrasound-guided FNA is scheduled on the 9th of October, and I'm so not looking forward to that. Let's just say.. I've been warned that this is an extremely painful procedure, and this is IF they're kind enough to give you a few jabs of lidocaine beforehand. And even then folks say that the lidocaine sticks are horrendous. Lovely. It's a little worrisome when tough guys admit that they shed a couple of tears doing those procedures. So I guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and bear with it. They have to take several samples to make sure they don't miss anything.
Anyway, know what isn't the size of a cherry but is still HUGE? My new iPhone 6 Plus! GEEEEEEEZ, Apple! What were you thinking?? 8-O First off, it's super thin, and what I can't seem to get is.. why they keep making these phones skinnier. I mean, you get this super pretty and uber cool iPhone, very thin and sleek and sexy, and it's sooooooo sleek and trim that you have to.. well... put a huge case on it just to protect it! The skinnier the phone, the bigger the case. Seriously? *sigh*
Anyway. I still like my phone, but I wish they would find a middle ground where we could enjoy the actual phone and not have to encase it in armor to use it. lol

No comments:
Post a Comment