Now for a confession of sorts...
As much as I love and miss my friends, and I do, I still have a bit of a lingering issue with trust. And by this I mean.. trusting with talking about 'anything and everything.' This blog, like my LJ blog, are relatively exposed. Meaning, exposed and, therefore, subject to criticism I'm most likely going to hear about at some point in time. It's funny, really, because the whole idea of a blog is to not to temper your metal, but to have a safe environment to openly speak ones mind with complete abandon, and it's come to mind of late that I can't really do that.
Now, it's easy to say I don't reveal much here. Health issues, and few tidbits of this and that, but.. I keep most of the 'nitty gritty' to myself. It's just the way it is. My past history has taught me that most people are quick to judge, and few people hone the edges off that sharp blade.
What has all this to do with the makeover here?....? It's easy, really. I'm simply changing the environment in hopes that perhaps I'll feel a little easier about talking more openly. Yeah. We'll see about that. But at least I'm trying.
Let's just say that it doesn't take much for me to clam up. Much too difficult to explain that, so I won't even try at this point in time. Just understand that something in me is still fragile. And here I was thinking I'd grown a thicker skin. Well, guess I'm still a softie.
I mean...me, a tough chick? who was I kidding? That's okay. I'm just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment