So I have my appt for a FNA on Monday, but my question is... why an ENT and not an endo? Oh well, I've no idea. Too tired to question it all. But once again I have to stop the blood thinner tomorrow (Saturday), 48 hours prior to the procedure. Kind of worries me, all of this going on and off the BT so much, and it's not going to end anytime soon. I have a couple of dental visits that will require going off as well. Heck, a routine cleaning requires my going off the BT.
Also have my uterine ultrasound scheduled for the 29th. Would really like for that to end JUST with the ultrasound. That's all I have to say about that. Stupid, STUPID dr who had me on the hormones was completely stupid (yes, I've said it again) and apparently wanted my money far more than she wanted to protect my health. I mean, after her refusing to give me a copy of my lab report, which BTW is a civil rights violation (you can check that out on the gov's web site), I went to see another dr who informed me that the way she had me on the hormones... I should NOT have been having a month visit from aunt flow "at all". Well, not only was I having that visit, but it was every two weeks. For several months. And it was no small affair.
What happened next was basically this new doc telling me that I should NOT have been on the hormones "at all" to begin with because of my TIA last year, and because of the AFib. FAR too high of a stroke risk and that these hormones increase the risk of stroke anyway and are antagonistic to blood thinners on top of it all "and cause clotting." GREAT. Thanks, Dr. W! You suck as a doctor.
So here comes the ultrasound to rule out anything dangerous, and hopefully to rule out the need for a biopsy. Damn but those are painful Trust me, I've been through that one before.
This doctor, the clueless shrew who toyed with my health to get money.... I wish I could share her name here. But I know better. But I will warn any woman I'm able to talk to about avoiding her at all costs. A few years ago her waiting room was fairly full. But now... hardly anyone there anytime I've been to see her. She looks different. Ragged. And she's severely bitchy and rude. And... she's sneaky as hell....
She tries to slip through lab tests not covered by insurance, and thankfully LabQuest waived the fee for the $250 test I knew NOTHING about, much less approved. I didn't ask for them to waive it, but I did call to inquire what it was. They knew what was up and stated to not pay the bill until they could send an adjusted amount. They waived the whole fee.
Secondly, she says you need a bunch of different supplements. Seems like no biggie until you get to the counter to check out and they tell you that you owe them over $600. Yes SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS +. I mean, seriously? Um. NO.
Every time she orders labs it's at least 13 vials of blood. What the hell??? Is she a freakin' vampire or something?? Insane! I mean, crazy. Absolutely crazy. And but for that one test I knew nothing of, I've never seen anything on a lab result that was any different from any regular IOF or CBC that any other doctor has gotten with 2 or 3 vials!!!
I dumped her as my primary last week, in part because whenever she did labs (which was in excess), even if all were normal... she made me come in so she could tell me... nothing was wrong. WTF?? Oh wait, yeah.... she did get a $30 copay out of me for that appointment. No doctor, other than her, has ever made me come in to tell me my labs were normal. She's a hack.
So I went back to my old primary doctor, and was I ever so relieved! He's such a nice guy, thorough, attentive, and though he does like to do a lot of in-house stuff... he refers me out when it comes time to do so, like with this whole thyroid nodule thing. But he spends whatever time he needs to listen to me, isn't impatient, and always asks "Is there anything else?" when it's all done. I was dumb to try and go to 'her' for everything.... but especially for the hormones. Hopefully... no damage has been done because of her.
Last week I tried to get a copy of my latest labs (remember what I said about about that?), and she flat refused and stated she had to see me in an appointment in order for me to get a copy. Excuse me? She had her front desk staff tell me this. Of course I informed them that, by law, I was entitled to copies of my medical records, especially lab reports. I won't state the entire conversation, but they argued and stated it was their clinic policy that they couldn't give me a copy because the doctor said I had to have an appointment. I told them that they should read the H.I.P.P.A. handout they give to their patients, because they were breaking the law and violating people's civil rights by refusing to give them copies of their medical records.
I tried to do it their way and said, 'okay... does she have time to see me now or sometime today?' The response was immediate. "No. We are swamped and have no available appointments." Only one other patient was in the waiting room other than me, and only one other car was in the patient parking lot other than mine. And then the office manager left, talked to the dr, came back and said, "She said she could do a phone consult appointment with you today, but it won't be covered on your insurance and it's $100.00." To that I replied, "So she doesn't have time to see me for $30.00 but has the same amount of time to give me on the phone for $100.00" I smiled a little and added. "Interesting."
Then I added, "You know, of all the times in my life I have gotten phone calls about lab results I've never been charged. Not once. Not ever. And she charges $100.00? Wow."
So I left. The other doctor I saw, the one who told me I shouldn't have been on the hormones to begin with, the one who said I shouldn't be bleeding every month on the regimen the other doc had me on, the one who ordered the ultrasound.. was floored that she refused to give me a copy of my labs. In fact, this new doc had actually asked if I'd gotten a copy and could she see them so she didn't have to repeat blood work. When I told her what happened.. she had me sign a release and she ordered copies herself.... shaking her head the whole time.
I think there comes a time when some doctors need NOT practice medicine any longer. And when they forget the whole "First do no harm" thing, well... they need to flip burgers off the interstate or something.
Yeah. I'm irritated. She risked my health. And according to the new doc, she risked my life. So I'm pissed. I'll get over it, if all is well. But I'm irritated for now.
In the meantime, feeling a bit yucky (to say the least)... so I'm off to relax a bit.
***waves***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So much for strong suggestions
ME22 & NE23. NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...
-
But I was... the entire time during the procedure. It's not exactly the nightmare they make movies and write books about, but it more...
-
This is America. Is it too much to ask to be able to afford a hot meal at least once a day? Maybe a meal that 'isn't' oatmeal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment