Monday, August 25, 2014

That propofol fog and the power of three

Well, I had my post ablation follow-up with my cardiologist today and discovered some interesting information.  Apparently, when Dr. O came in to speak to me after the procedure, while still in a propofol fog, and while he was filling me in on the details of the procedure, how it went, what he did, findings, etc.... I missed something.  Apparently I had, not two ablations as I had first thought, but three.

As it turns out, I had Atrial Fibrillation, Supraventricular Tachycardia, and Atrial Flutter.  Many folks confuse Afib and AFL, both of which can mimic one another as far as symptoms go, but.. they are different in many ways.  Either way, seems I had a lot more going on than I thought.  And... due to my lovely 5 day stint with... well, one or more of those arrhythmias, I get to wear an event monitor for a couple of weeks.  Not a full 30 days, thankfully... rather allergic to the adhesive on the monitor leads.

And then there was the discussion of increasing the beta blocker.  :(  *sigh*  Dr. A is, I hope, just going to monitor things for a couple of weeks in hopes that the 5 day dance-a-thon was just part of the healing process and not signs of possibly needing an ablation do-over in the future.  If things are more active than they should be, she may increase my carvedilol dosage (noooooooo!!!), which she rather threatened to do today.  Thankfully, she didn't do that, at least not today.  We will see what tomorrow brings.

What a day.  And... I bet that little froggy is going to be very quiet, because that's what he does most of the time when being watched.  And when this monitor comes off..... lol  ;p

Anyway, today has just been a little off.  Weird.  And just... 'off.'

Maybe tomorrow I'll talk about the 'Peacockasaurus.'  Yeah... not kidding about that.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...