For those who read my LiveJournal entries, you've noticed I've renamed my journal there. And for a couple of you who haven't gotten my forewarning about the name change on FB yet (sorry about that) I thought I would clear this up here since you still like to come here and read....
There's been a couple of questions, to say the least, an abundance of curiosity really... about what the name change means.
Love me in perpetuity
it's all an ephemeral dream anyway
This..... came to mind in early 2013, and the origin doesn't matter right now (not to dredge up the past). It actually came to mind another way after an unpleasant (to say the least) phone call, the last of a couple before what I called "the big silence." The original phrase was actually... "Hate me in perpetuity---it's all an ephemeral dream anyway." That's what came to mind first. But a split second after... 'hate' became 'love' and... well, that phrase has stuck with me ever since.
So as for the 'what does it mean?' part...
I guess the real question one may possibly be asking is what it means to me. Now that.. I can answer.
Love is a choice. And I suppose the same goes for hate. After all, there is a fine line between love and hate, and some would even argue that the line blurs so completely between the two that they almost mimic one another. I'm not completely convinced of that, but I do firmly believe (as I said) that they are choices we make.
Still, those emotions (for humans) are transient unless a choice is made. And lets face it, few humans are capable of making that choice and allow knee-jerk reactions, thought-driven emotion to make decisions for them, etc... to create an outcome. Few are actually in control of things as they would like themselves and others to believe. It's human nature and natural. No need for anyone to be offended by my saying this, and... no one has to agree with me. :) It's okay for us to disagree. And my friends, thankfully, are open-minded and intelligent enough to have these kind of conversations with me where we can disagree calmly and go on about our business without ill will.
So anyway, love or hate. Choice. And how does this play into an online blog? Well, it's a journal, someone's thoughts, shared moments, dreams, wishes, parts of their day, their life as a whole at times.... and in my case... sometimes I go deep, and sometimes I don't. And when I do I don't leave that entry up too long. So that's definitely a momentary thing and not at all lasting here in cyberspace.
Readers... they are often passers-by. Not always. But sometimes. Transient.
And there have been times, and there may be more, when I simply clean house in my blogs. Transient.
And why do people read? I don't know. Genuinely interested in what I have to say? Boredom? Nothing better to do? A friend emotionally invested in my well-being or happiness? A curiosity thing? Who knows?
The blog title... just a play on words steeped in truth and history and sprinkled with.... well, that reveals itself in the entries themselves.
After it's all said and done it's just me being me.
So.... there it is. If it still doesn't make sense, well.. I guess you would have had to have been there to understand fully. Though... I'm not so sure you would even then. Maybe. Maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment