Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I'm still waiting...




For a doctor who gives a damn that I'm basically bedridden now.  They need to STOP relying on blood tests ONLY, because not everything that can take you down health-wise shows up in the blood. How do they tell someone who's bedridden that.. they're okay?  It's been coming on since I started the blood thinner, and I've omitted almost every prescription and have gotten no better.  I have an occasional 'ok' day, but that's it.  Where does it stop, and what will it take?  Do I have to do this myself, take myself off the blood thinner and hope nothing bad happens?

My cardiologist says I can't get the Watchman device until my liver problems are under control, and I can't safely go OFF the blood thinner until I get the Watchman device.  AND... I shouldn't BE on a blood thinner when I have a liver issue--because liver problems interfere with the body's ability to clot blood, and it's also not consistent... which make it even more dangerous.  So I shouldn't be on a blood thinner, but I can't get off the blood thinner until I get the Watchmen device... because liver issue has to be in remission, but blood thinner can exacerbate the issue.  Good God, where does this end?

Everyone is sitting on their hands.

I'm basically going to have to make a choice this week to go off the blood thinner on my own--cold turkey.  It's dangerous as hell, but I really don't have any other choice.  The device isn't without risks either.... but I'm done with NOT living.  DONE with it.

*sigh*


No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...