Bluntly speaking, it's been a f'kd up few days. Had the EGD and colonoscopy the other day, and the outcome was a little confusing really. My doctor removed a 'precancerous polyp' and said I have to have a colonoscopy once every 3 years. Those who've had to go through those procedures know one BIG fact about them---the procedure isn't anything to worry about, but the prep SUCKS!!!! I really wish I could just get it done every 10 years like low-risk folks. OMG. I won't even go into it, but I really REALLY hate going through the prep.
I'm also waiting on the results of my heart echo, and I had my chest CT done yesterday to re-check the lung nodule and to get a full view of the lungs. The nodule was found during an echo of my abdomen (kidney stones), so the dr needs a full view of what else is there, if anything, and to see if there's been any change since the first CT.
About those CT's... anyone who's had them or having them needs to know that the radiation is cumulative!
My own history with CTs and other imaging is below (not exactly in order):
April of 2013 CT (head)
P.E.T. (head)
MRI (head and chest)
January 2013 CT
P.E.T. scan done on my chest.
May 2015 CT (dental)
August 2015 CT chest.
March 2015 CT head/mouth at the dentist.
February 2014 CT at ENT
The above does NOT include x-rays.
That is a lot of exposure. So I guess I need to make sure that the doctors understand how often I've had these in the past 2 years. Honestly, I didn't really know it was that critical.
Oh well. Live and learn, right?
Amidst all the health crap and various other things going on, I find myself wondering where the hell I am most of the time. Yeah, yeah... that's nothing new, but the matter has become far more important now than it has been in the past.
Blah-blah-blah. I'm a bit unfocused today. Damn Flexeril.


No comments:
Post a Comment