I've tried to pour myself into ANYTHING that will eat up my time, including social media. Somehow the idea of just blasting information/thoughts into cyberspace like that seems, well, so freaking WEAK when it comes to life and living. Social media isn't life, and it sure as hell isn't living. So... what's next?
It's been my 'thing' to dump FB when life gets to be a bit more than I can handle. Facebook is the first to go, which is why I have 3 different accounts, each having a place in my day or week, depending on what's going on. So today I deactivated my newer account that I've used now for some 4 or 5 years, and took up residence once again in my first and original account, the one I dumped due to relationship drama a few years ago. No one super close to me is on that account. Well, maybe a couple of people who don't exactly live close BUT who do know me well.
Needing down time away from the mindless meme-posting isn't anything new for me, but the garbage with T that's getting on my nerves has prompted me to use the other account so I can have some peace, space, and room to breathe. It's just another way I'm stretching my wings in order to find my own voice again, even if it means I'm not saying much.
The knowledge that I've lost interest in most things lately isn't lost on me, but in a way it's somewhat a welcoming side effect of situational depression. Maybe it's just time to take a break from social media and do most of my thought-processing here in my blogs. Honestly, I don't know for sure but am willing to go with this one. Because it just feels right.
I will be posting in all of my blogs, different entries for each. Most of you check/read them all, so you know what I mean by this. Likely I'll become a bit more blunt as this next week progresses and edges closer to a very dark and gloomy Christmas. You've been forewarned.....

No comments:
Post a Comment