Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Migraine...



Just when I thought I would be writing about something OTHER than this whole Prednisone experience, I end up with symptoms that will land me in bed the entire day.  It's a good thing I like coffee, because when it comes to migraines... coffee does help.

Then there's the nausea.  With prednisone withdrawal and migraine comes nausea.  It's a very bad day, I can tell you.

I took the 5mg dosage for the day, gagged down a little food (you MUST take Prednisone with food), and am praying that little bit will ease the headache.  So far, the headache is a little better than it was when I woke up, but I don't know if it will return when the Pred leaves my system (had a very short half life).  I can only hope and pray and leave my bed un-made and waiting.  Trust me, I'm going to end up back in bed VERY soon.

I'm also freezing.  This was also the case yesterday, and it's been like this off and on for the past week; also another side effect of Pred withdrawal.  There's just so many of them, and NONE of them are even remotely pleasant.  I'm waiting to find out from my doctor if I can taper off more slowly... much more slowly.  I can't just be an invalid until my adrenal glands catch up.  That won't work at all.

So how in the world am I handling this?  I'm not.  Just being honest here---but I'm not handling this at all.  Am I trying?  Sure.  Of course I'm trying, and I'm trying as much as my body will allow.  That's the best I can do; that and forgive myself for not being capable of doing the things that need done.  My animals are well taken care of, so that's the most important thing.  Dishes can wait.  Sweeping can weight.  The rest is incidental.

What I'd really like to see happen today is the cessation of this migraine (totally), allergies calm down so I can breathe better, and to be able to relax, actually relax.

...I'd also like a new pillow.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...