Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Enough with the platitudes already...

Tanking up on coffee today.  I slept out of exhaustion, finally, and I feel a bit better than usual.   But I still need that boost of caffein, even so.  Not exactly sure how this whole thing works, trying to find answers on my own to ALL of my questions, and consulting Google isn't providing me with anything I can work with.  In fact, Google actually ends up proving more questions, and very few answers.

To what?...

To everything.  Don't you hate it when I don't get to the point?  Yeah.  Me too.


I don't even know where to begin with what I need to say today.  My thoughts are all over the place, which is pretty common these days.  I don't understand what's happening to my body with all the significantly elevated liver enzymes, and I don't understand at all if that is causing this RIDICULOUS and totally UNWANTED fatigue, aches, pain, and soooooo much more.  And it seems that no one can help me understand it, either.

I long to feel like myself again.  And if I were to be completely honest here I would have to say that, on the really bad days, it feels as if I won't every feel like me again.  It's the kind of truly debilitating stuff that tries like hell to wreck hope.  Screw that!  I'm not having any of it and will fight that to the end.  Oooh, but I can hear the wheels spinning in at least 2 of you who are bothering to read this.  Yeah, and those wheels produce a lot of insight, I know....

...'Don't be so negative!'
...'You're attracting that crap!'
...'You're focusing on the wrong things!'
...'Think positive and things will improve!'

I can hear your voices. lol  And I'm not disagreeing!  But anyone who has dealt with chronic pain and fatigue knows all too well how you can get completely worn down after it goes on for so long.  It can break you if you're not careful, and if you don't have a good, solid support network.  Which I don't.

Yes, I know..I know.  A person only needs themselves to right things.  I get it.  I do.  But again, even strong people need other people sometimes.  Even strong, determined people need encouragement from others.  It's human nature.  That's where I am right now--I need someone to talk to.  But who?  Which brings me to the other end of this situation...

People, please....

"Well meaning/good intentions" don't cut it.
"Weak platitudes" don't cut it.
"Disingenuous remarks" don't cut it.
"Cookie-cutter advice" certainly doesn't cut it.
"Bullying or controlling behavior" definitely doesn't cut it and hurts.
"Indifference" not only doesn't cut it, but it's harmful and hurtful.

There comes a time when people need to assess whether or not their intentions are to help someone, or if they simply want to feel important, like a hero, or just want to snuggle up to their ego.  There comes a time when you just need to shut up if you're not actually speaking from the heart to someone who needs support, friendship, etc.

Agree?

Get real.  Self-assess.  Ask yourself the right questions before you speak.  Because playacting at giving a shit isn't the same thing as actually giving a shit.  If you're rusty, well just pick something to give a shit about and PRACTICE.

I can get indifference from anyone.  My dog has more warmth than some of the people in my life, which is why this struggle has become... a struggle.  I can't thrive in an environment of careless indifference,  you know.. the kind where someone isn't exactly doing it on purpose.  Careless indifference, to me, is worse than stark indifference.  At least with the latter the person is aware of it, acknowledges it, and takes responsibility for it.

Now I'm just ranting.  But... if not here, where?  Right?

No idea how to resolve this.  So far it's me, myself and I, and that's not cutting it either. lol

Damn.







No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...