The more that goes on the harder it is to talk about it all. One moment life seems both chaotic and redundant, and at other times life just settles in place and I'm aligned with all I love. Maybe it's like that for most people. I don't know. For me, though, the chaos is avoidable and often brought about by T, and he tends to run contrary to all I believe in and love. Okay, so not ALL, but you get the point, right?
I turn my focus to photography (no pun intended) and I'm good, inside and out. Searching for the beauty in the world through the lens has always been a healing component to that which drives my passions and dream. And these days I indulge in what feeds my soul. That is, until I have to find my way past the T barrier. No, it's not like he does this on purpose (or so I want to believe). Still, he doesn't NOT do it on purpose either, and therein... lies the problem.
Now, it's only fair that I also mention there are some things, vital things, that we both are alike on, and one of them is animals, especially wildlife. We are on the same page there, for the most part.
Health is shaky these days, beginning with about 12 minutes of sun exposure. Long story there, but suffice it to say I'm intolerant, and since that exposure I've crashed and burned. I won't go into the gory details.
So where am I going with this exactly? Addressing and trying to thwart the disappointment that seems to be T's 'thing' these days, beginning with the day I took the photo above.
While I was outside replacing the hummingbird feeders with fresh ones, I heard loud, beating wings and the 'landing' on the tree above the house. I did briefly see the large wingspan out of the corner of my eye before the bird landed in the tree. It was a black vulture, and I really dig those guys so immediately went inside to grab my camera. The last clean feeder was just hung anyway, so.. why not?
The vulture perched above for a few minutes, looking around, then found a nice, tall pine tree with a place for him/her to rest, take a nap, and preen. I wanted SO much to stay there with my camera and wait for him/her to leave, because I really wanted to get a shot of those wings in flight. I did catch a couple of shots as the vulture hopped from one limb to another, but I really wanted that flight shot.
LONG story short, and while I did get a lot of shots of that vulture looking back at me, curiously, napping, preening, etc... T kept complaining that we needed to go. Yes, we needed to go to the store, but the store wasn't going to close anytime soon. Still, after repeated complaints I finally just gave in, and it didn't sit well with me AT ALL.
The vulture had perched and napped, etc for some time and had been looking upward and about, those tell-tale signs that he/she would be leaving soon. But it didn't matter, not to T. This was a once in a lifetime shot, maybe, because that vulture perched only to rest. Their perching locations are normally with a committee comprised of family etc. This vulture had a very full crop so was literally chilling after the feast, and he/she chose our property as a place to do that.
No telling when I'll see this again, though I do see them flying over every day. It was a somewhat missed opportunity to catch shots of that vulture flying off the limb where it was perched. T didn't care. He's more like a young child who is egocentric and thinks the world revolves around him at every given moment. This behavior is really irritating.
But I go on, try to salvage what I can when I can and hope for better soon.
There are some processes in the works that will change my life for the better, and patience is the key to getting from A to B and coming out on the other end intact. I'll make it. Me and my camera and nature... all components in what I hope will be a success story.
Till next time....




No comments:
Post a Comment