Friday, July 28, 2017

Dear Blogger, I'm Amazed...

And I am.  Amazed, that is.  How is it that a free site makes everything so easy when the paid sites make things so, well, difficult?  I wanted to upgrade even further on Word Press, hoping that it would provide enough space/storage for photography posts, but as it turns out only a few images uploaded used over half of my storage plan.  Hmmm.  I don't like that.

Okay, so given I shouldn't be uploading the high resolution files for blogs, I wanted to display only the best versions... which is the higher res files.  Yes, I know I will have to downsize etc, etc. etc., because it's just not that practical to have monstrous files uploaded unless it's for downloading purposes.  But still, from a photographer and digital art standpoint uploading dinky versions of images isn't really the best idea either.

Oh the huge manatee!

Yeah, yeah.. I'm off track.  Anyway, Blogger is just a seamless and easy way to blog, post images, etc.  They don't really offer themes focused on photography (no pun intended), but it certainly beats paying out the YingYang for a site that only works part of the time, changes dimensions of the photos etc. when a theme is changed, etc.  Blogger... no such mess here.  In fact, I can change the theme every day and nothing gets broken.  So why is it that Word Press breaks all your hard work with a simple theme change?  Rhetorical question.

The catch:  When you post a blog entry on Word Press with most themes and DON'T use a photo all it displays is a blank white or gray square.

Enough of the Word Press BS for now.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...