Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Barbarians!! Naaaaaah. ;p

So, I'm getting a better idea of why Cap1 uses barbarians in their commercials.  No, they're not bullies. lol  But they ARE persistent.  I'll give them that.  And it was a little amusing watching the types of 'invitations' I received from them over time.

First came the standard invite in the usual white envelope with nondescript letter inside.  Nothing fancy, really, just the usual fare of 'here's what we can offer, and won't you apply for our card?  Please, and thank you.'

Then came the thicker envelopes with a few more pages and the artistic, bold fonts in fun colors.  Yet, still lackluster in pretty much all respects.  I received several of these a week and got to a point where I didn't even bother to open them before they landed in the usual File13 dispensary.  I never really gave it another thought from there.

The weeks passed.  Several more trees vanished in a rainforest somewhere, I'm sure cut down by many Cap1 barbarians.

Then one day, months later, I received a rather lush-white envelope in very nice bond, embossed, and filled inside with something heavy and stiff.  This was a little different, so I decided to open it and appease my curiosity.  Now what could this be?

After opening the nice envelope I found a nice invitation from Cap1, this time they're presentation was, well.. I'm not sure I know quite the word here, but they sure went out of their way this time to get my attention.  I mean, I've seen wedding invitations that weren't quite this nice.  Reminds me a bit of the welcome Discover gives you when you're invited into the fold.  It was amusing, though, because for some reason they REALLY wanted me to apply.

Did I?  *snort*  Like I'd ever admit if I did or not.  Point is.... it was amusing watching them woo me the way they did.  And not one doggone barbarian.

Seriously.

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...