Yesterday was a bit disappointing. I've been having issues getting a BP reading since my ablation, and yesterday was no exception. However, I DID manage (miracle of all miracles) to get ONE reading in the morning. The disappointment was the arrhythmia indicator on the reading. Heart rate was higher than it's been in a few years (75 bpm), but it's been higher than that since the ablation, and way higher than that last night (which I'll address in a minute).
For the past few years, as the fatigue kept raging on and taking over my life, on the occasion I've had my BP taken at pharmacies and the like, I've been asked if I were on medication for HR control... because my Hr was so doggone low (40s to 50s). Post-ablation (as mentioned before).. it's been ranging in the 70's, 80's, and even higher. No idea what that's about.
Last night was rough.. trying to sleep. Heart rate was up to 110 bpm at one point, and truthfully it was very hard to get my HR because my pulse was so erratic. After about 10-15 minutes things calmed down enough to actually count all the beats, though, and that's when I got the 110 number. And this is on the beta-blockers. I'm assuming it would have been MUCH higher without the medication. Today... chest pain, fatigue, breathlessness and dizziness. Ugh.
But I'm still here. I want to document as much as I can in hopes it may help someone else who thinks they're the only ones going through this. Everyone's story is different, and I suppose folks who don't have a single issue most likely won't talk about their lack of, well, symptoms. But a large majority of us do go through this and often either reach out to others for help, or.... reach out in hopes of helping others. I guess I've done both. There have been quite a few hours or reading and research on forums prior to my ablation. I wanted to know beforehand what to expect, because I don't like surprises.
You can choose to stick your head in the sand and be blindsided by what may come, OR... you can choose to be informed and ready. :)
T keeps telling me to call Dr. Osorio or my new cardiologist. But I'm not ready to do that, because I know what I'm going through... many others have gone through as well, and there's a very good chance that this is simply just part of the healing process. I've made this choice for me. Everyone is different, and everyone has to make decisions for their own body and their own needs!
Now, if things get worse.... and I know what 'worse' means for me.... I will do something about it. Until then, I take it day by day. That's all.
It takes about 3 months for the heart to heal from this procedure, and it's been 6 days. I have a bit of a distance to go in this healing process.....
No comments:
Post a Comment