Thursday, April 3, 2014

Foot issues...still

Have to deal with a cast on my foot at the moment.  This is not fun, and I had to call this morning to tell them it either needs to be re-done or taken off and left off.  A wrinkle, something, don't know... is pressing on the front of my ankle, and I got absolutely NO sleep last night.  Ortho doc is in Sx all day today so I have to wait this out.  :/  It sucks, that's all I know.  No more.

I still can't figure out what the heck is going on here.  How did I actually fracture my foot??  Doc did an X-ray, not a bone scan.  The bone scan done prior to this visit revealed the fracture.  But how weird.  ortho doc said, "You probably had plantar fascists, which is what I see here in this often most of the time.  But it doesn't cause swelling or pain like you have."  He then went on to say we have to take care of the fracture issue, then look at what may else be going on.  "Else?"  Ugh.

I certainly can't figure how I fractured a foot I was babying all this time.  I put more weight on the other side and babied the side that has the break.  I simply do NOT get this.  But oh well.  I've just had it.

Doc also prescribed Tramadol, something I would ordinarily be strictly against taking.  I don't even like Rx NSAIDs (side effects are nasty and not worth it).  But this ongoing, chronic pain is getting to me now.  But I can't take the Tramadol because of my heart, and because of the Topamax.  It lowers the seizure threshold and pretty much guarantees I will have seizures.  And it slows breathing, etc., and I already have issues with my heart and too slow HR, bp dipping too low, etc.... it could cause major (scary major) issues. So pharmacist says no go.

Caffein headache.  Well.  At least I can fix that. ;)

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...