Where the heck does this stuff come from? I'm telling you. Freaking weird. I suppose it's the ACE inhibitor, or maybe a combo of all the heart and HBP meds, because dang. Seriously weird stuff. Worth talking about? Maybe. But not today.
And all this waking up with my heart feeling like it's going to slam its way out of my chest. Makes it pretty difficult to get a good night's sleep with all of that going on. Then there's the alarm startling me awake. Oh, and I don't mean startled in a normal way. I mean startled where I'm gasping for air with my heart, once again, trying to slam its way out of my chest. lol Sheesh. Really?
Well, as an aside, I discovered something interesting the other day.....
For anyone who has to track their BP for whatever reason (trust me, there is more than one reason to track it), if you have one of those newer models with the capacity to detect irregular heart rhythms... pay attention to that. If you don't have one, they're great to have!
I'd actually forgotten mine does this, until yesterday when I was going through a couple of pics I'd taken with my iPhone (which I will sometimes do so I can write the values down later), when I noticed the little symbol on several of the pics I'd taken over the past week or so. The irregular heart rhythm indicator was lit! One day my BP was up pretty high, but my HR was only 36 BPM! Yeah, that's crazy slow. I'm thinking/guessing that maybe it was missing beats either due to a run of AFib I couldn't feel, or a few missed beats or something. Either way, it had detected something. HR tends to be low during high BP, and higher during low BP readings. So it didn't surprise me all that much to see a reading of 36 bpm. Although that is seriously slow.
Anyway, if you need to monitor, need to get a new monitor, consider getting one with those indicators on there. It doesn't mean you have anything wrong with your heart if it does detect something, because even normal hearts can have occasional abnormal rhythms. But... just in case, you can bring it up to your dr. Still good to have, IMHO.
That is all. I'm hungry. Time for some lunch.
Laterz!
No comments:
Post a Comment