Wow.. lol
So, after a 15 lb loss one month, some strange symptoms (though I've had hints of them in the previous months) made themselves WELL known recently.
Dizziness
Severe sweating
Shaking
Difficulty concentrating
Difficulty speaking
Blurred vision
Weakness
Heart racing
Hunger
Sleepiness
It was so bad one day at work that I had to fight the urge to tell my boss that I needed to go home. I felt like I really needed to lay down, to sleep, right then and there. Trying to concentrate was near impossible, and worse... trying to hold a conversation with a coworker. So I thought, because of the hunger (despite having eaten a couple of hours earlier).. maybe I was just hungry. But it just..felt..wrong, somehow.
I decided to take a break and buy one of those huge MetRx high protein bars. You know the ones that are basically like a glorified candy bar, packed with sugar. But hey, it's got protein! lol Well, within a few minutes I felt better. After a few more minutes.. completely back to normal.
...But why hadn't the Greek yogurt and piece of fruit worked earlier??? A visit to my neurologist Friday explained it all. Apparently, I'm now hypoglycemic.
Seems there's a bit of reactive hypoglycemia as well, because sometimes eating makes me dizzy as if I'd just had a couple of shots of alcohol. Weirdness.
Apparently, until I find the right balance of protein and the right carbs.. it's going to mess with my weight loss (and I've been doing so well!). But hey, it's just a bump in the road. No biggie. I'll whoop this thing in the butt.
Enough of the health update... now onto the post for the good stuff. :)
Laterz, taterz! ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment