"Danger Noodle Jr." (Timber Rattlesnake) Nothing like being greeted by nature when you least expect it. Little Danger Noodle Jr. didn't seem to care I was there, and I had been by the fence a minute prior to he/she coming out. You can see how small this noodle is in comparison to the Brown Thrasher to the right and up. After I took a couple of photos he/she decided to exit stage left under the fence and Abelia shrubs. Never, ever a dull moment here. Too bad I didn't get a photo of the young copperhead who had placed him/herself between me and the only unlocked door. lol That's what I get for going out to investigate why the birds and squirrels were sounding the alarm Most times... it's a hawk, but lately.... there's been vipers. ;p Par for the course when living in a house on a bluff.
The weekends are the worst. Mr. Man wants to behave like a bachelor (and not meaning affairs or anything of the sort), making life stressful to a degree that most human beings would deem, immediately, unacceptable. Every morning I wake to this shit-show, and every night it precedes my making a valiant but unsuccessful attempt at getting even the most bare minimum of restful sleep. And there isn't a day this doesn't happen, but on the weekends... it can try even the most patient of people, the most forgiving. Still, what IS it about men who play "The man game" and expect no repercussions for 'playing' with an unwilling party who wants absolutely nothing to do with a massive time-suck? Beats the hell out of me.
We've all heard it in conversations, in movies, tv series, and almost every book imaginable, the mantra of most women, the anxious proclamation.... "You never talk to me!" Real or not, that phrase and those like it have become the punchline for many a joke uttered, sourly, by embittered and egotistical men. And somehow.... those guys think it makes them cool, manly, and somehow... in-charge. What those men don't know, apparently, that when they decide to clam up and shut down (something that can happen to women as well), making it their main reaction to spark the fire of avoidance... that there is always another guy out there willing to listen. And I mean... REALLY listen.
Sorry guys.. not all men are like you.
In my situation I face the gamut of tired actions from a worn out playbook used by too many men for too many years by those who are doomed to repeat what their fathers and grandfathers have done for centuries. HINT: It never served those guys either. For every man who becomes mute when their wife or GF etc starts to talk, for every guy who emotionally checks out and hears little, if anything, and for every fool who decided it was a good idea to just not actively listen or engage when their partner needs to talk.... there's a woman who understands one... simple... truth: There is always someone else to call, visit, and connect with.
At what point do guys ever get that they can and will be replaced by a man who is willing to be there, be respectful, be a gentleman, a good listener, a good friend, to show compassion, respect, and make their partner feel like they are somewhere on the upper portion of the totem pole, someone worth their time and attention? Rhetorical question, of course, but one that bears repeating for obvious reasons.
When men become set in their ways, unbending, rigid to the point of destructive, they are embracing the idea that they don't have to change, that if harm is being done to another due to their actions or inactions.... they've chosen to embrace their ego over what's right, what's humane, what's kind and compassionate. This is how monsters are born.
Experts say there are two types of infidelity----cheating/affairs, and indifference. The latter of the two are said to be the most destructive, and... I agree with that. So what the hell has that to do with me and my situation? I know, I know... I end up walking the path of noncommittal statements that, while showing the point, lacks relevant detail. Sorry about that. I'm still a work in-progress when it comes to the whole trusting-others-with-my-truth thing.
So a glimpse into my truth, as much as I can manage... is to say that I DON'T do well with men who play games, are lead by their ego, who think that somehow the mantra of "Men are just hard-wired like that" are really rather empty individuals who, by their own definition, don't possess anything truly valuable to give to another human being. Most would call this "Egocentric," a trait in which most of us grow out of by the time we reach 3-4 years of age. Most men, however, never seem to progress past that.
I'm just glad the weekend is over, that I am here sitting alone in my home with no one to clam up, not participate, not give one word answers or grunts to anything I say... or any questions I ask. What's the point of putting up with grief and anxiety when I'm basically left to, well, talk to myself?
Seriously. What's the fucking point?
No comments:
Post a Comment