It's been a really good week. T's birthday was really nice and relaxing, just the way he wanted. His co-workers decked out his desk and working area and took him to lunch, so that was really awesome. :) His family sent cards and goodies. And of course we celebrated with cake, good food, a movie, and watching the Gators win. ;p A lot of fun, good laughs, good times. And who knew I'd like basketball? (makes more sense to me than football, actually lol).
Still putting the house together. I must say things are combing along, though it is a bit slower than I'd anticipated. Here I had this idea I/we would have everything done in a week or so. *snort* Yeah. I know better now. lol But it's a process. At least the house was already renovated, so the hard part was done (or at least most of it).
I still haven't hung anything on the walls yet, but there's a good reason for that. We have a couple of pieces of furniture we are anticipating getting, like a china cabinet for the dining room (for one), so that will take up a bit of wall space. Once everything is in it's place, THEN the walls will take on more life. For now, the living room has than one huge stretched canvas painting I found at Kirkland's and fell in love with. Somehow, not only does that painting work over the mantle, but it's going to be the anchor for that whole room….
The entire house came with Tuscan 'bones,' and strangely much of what I had fit right in. And the rest… is just falling right into place as if it were all just meant to be. It's beginning to have that feel to it…
On to part II after a bit. Or tomorrow. ;p My camera arrived a little while ago, so… there's that….
Laterz!...
No comments:
Post a Comment