Got rid of a lot of stuff today I don't need and/or don't want. I'm not one to keep stuff around just because, nor do I keep things around because I 'might use or need it later.' I really hate clutter. So… the de-cluttering was overdue, and today… I began the process with a gusto…
…and I still have a ways to go.
No biggie.
I'm getting there.
Since this is going to be a fresh start, it's really quite easy to lighten things up a bit, taking only those items I really want to take with me… which is a lot, mind you. Still, there is much that's really not necessary in any way, shape or form.
I'm exhausted. But at least I have a few days off to recover and finish some of the process, and also to take a few things to the consignment shop here in Mobile. By the time the movers show up, it will be far easier than first estimated. AND.. the unpacking process will be easier, too, which is a giant plus.
After all, we are moving in right after Thanksgiving, which means we want the transition to be smooth as possible so we can decorate as soon as the house is put together.
Holidays spent in the new house. How awesome is that?!? :) Pretty awesome, I must say. We're both very excited about this.
"T" is off through the holiday weekend and is using some of his 150+ days of accrued paid leave to help settle in the house. He will be here the night before Thanksgiving day, and we will have until Sunday evening to just enjoy being together before the movers arrive Sunday to begin the process. We have a few details to iron out, but the Thanksgiving holiday weekend will be mostly relaxing and enjoyable. :)
Well, time to run. Busy day/weekend and now it's time to chill out for a while.
Nite nite….
No comments:
Post a Comment