Monday, August 12, 2013

Ticking off the days... road trip...

One month away.  It's almost time.  Long-awaited concert.  Getting to see family.  And a dear friend.  The theme of this event..... catharsis.

I had to explain catharsis to a friend today.  She really didn't understand until I put it into context.  But, what I'm facing in Atlanta is going to be just that.  It's kind of cool, actually, this smallish family reunion, getting to see my favorite band, visiting a friend, all of this as a birthday gift... well, it's like life.. set to music.

Catharsis: "A release of emotional tension, as after an overwhelming experience, that restores or refreshes the spirit." What a perfect description.  And I will walk away from the experience, changed.  I'm more than good with that.  I'm welcoming the change with wide open arms.

"All of my best friends live everywhere else."

As best friends go, I have....One in California.  One in Maryland.  One in GA.  The one in GA I'm getting to meet up with, and in fact.. this friend is the one who gifted the concert and all the amenities as a birthday present.  After 10 years I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the unexpected, and this time I actually get a visit too!.. which is the best part of the gift.

I am SOOOOO excited, 2 1/2 days in Atlanta, beautiful hotel room, family, a sweet friend, Depeche Mode... beyond awesome!

No comments:

So much for strong suggestions

ME22 & NE23.  NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...