Never-ending confusion sucks when it comes to one's health. Something new shows up, or is revealed, something else is under scrutiny and thought to have been a misdiagnosis, medications with wretched side effects may not be needed, even though it has helped with some horrible symptoms of Sjogren's, and of course... symptoms mimicking something that I just may not have. Good grief, but this is nuts!
I see too many specialists. Well, let me rephrase that... I have to see way too many specialists. And honestly, I'm SO tired of all the appointments and tests and procedures and medications, and only a small portion of symptoms are actually being helped, while others continue to get worse and worse. WTF? But I keep pushing forward just the same. Okay, so I push forward when my body allows such a thing which, to be honest, isn't that often. Again... WTF?
What I do know is that many of the things I do deal with are real, verified with blood work, biopsy, or some other equally pleasant test, and all there is to do with that is to just take things in stride and deal/live with it all. But the mystery is that there is still something else they've not figured out, something that has stripped my quality of life down to almost nothing. My only guess at this point is that it's the Plaquenil. The good news is... my Immunologist disagrees with my Rheumatologist, and I'm thinking I believe the Immunologist when he says he thinks I DO NOT have SLE but something else, something he can't confirm, but he's not convinced at all that I have SLE. THAT is GREAT news, and I'm hoping he can prove/confirm that SOON so I can get the hell off that Plaquenil. Such a risky drug.... very dangerous.
In the meantime I'm miserable. Absolutely behind miserable. Sick....
I need to get off this subject and onto the next post.... "Haunted."
No comments:
Post a Comment