Dammit.
The phone call ended a few minutes ago, and the classic arrogance and argumentative nature came flooding across the and was, for every practical purpose, the proverbial shove into a virtually gelatinous mess that I'll now have to fight my way out of. Gee thanks!
Not all arguments are bad. And if you're one of those who think they are.. then I will say you're at risk of not addressing the issues that come up in normal, everyday life. It's okay to disagree, and it's okay to have an opposing view and discuss it, and it's also okay to contemplate the possibility that you may, in fact, could be wrong. This is NOT about someone shoving their opinions down your throat but more a situation where someone is determined to make an argument about absolutely anything and everything there is. So what the hell happened, exactly?
Everyone at some point has said something while thinking something else. Meaning, as an example, SAYING "I have to get groceries today" when you were THINKING "I need to gas the car up today." Everyone has done that, or said something they weren't meaning to say.... and usually those you're talking to are confused and ask what you meant....
A short while ago I asked T if he was going to do X today and replied "I'm going tomorrow." I asked "Why tomorrow?" And he replied.. "I said 'today'" I simply replied "Oh, okay. You said you were going tomorrow so I was confused." And THAT, my friends, was my FIRST mistake.
The rest of the short and extremely RIDICULOUS conversation was him saying "No, I said I'm going TODAY," and me responding with "No, you said tomorrow which was why I said it was confusing," to which he replied "NO, I said TODAY!" And so you can see how NON-productive THAT juvenile exchange was. I cut the conversation off and said I had to go and hung up.
Look, misspeaking isn't a crime and not even anything people get angry about or even THINK anything of. Most, like me, ask for clarification and move on. But then T isn't like most and will, if possible, turn anything into an argument because he doesn't really listen to what's being said, not even what HE is saying... overall simply not paying attention at all. And here is where I'm flung into the negative bullshit when all I really wanted to do was to get on with my day.
I'm dealing with a lot right now, having to sort through some medical information online and trying to make a decision on something that will affect my health. No need to get into that right now, but it is CRITICAL for me to do my research NOW. It is stressful, which is the nature of the beast. And honestly, I really don't need the ridiculous, childish crap on top of everything else. Good GRIEF but this is utterly STUPID to have to deal with.
Why is it that so many people out there are UNABLE or UNWILLING to pick their battles? My God but the ego's on some men are excruciatingly bloated. And no, not ALL guys are like this. but damn... way way too many are. Women too, yes, but for the sake of this conversation I'm talking about guys.
Great.... don't ya just love stress?
SMH.

No comments:
Post a Comment