I'm on a few medications. A blood thinner due to a TIA in 2013 attributed to Afib, etc. I had ablations for 3 arrhythmias. Two different medications for GERD, two different medications for (embarrassingly) chronic IBD, a statin, Prednisone and Imuran for AIH. Over the past week I completely ditched the statin, and I ditched the Imuran shortly after weaning off Prednisone.
Yes, I'm at risk for a flare up of AIH by stopping the Imuran. I don't care. QUALITY of life is far more important to me than how long I live. It's a weird thing to have to face that reality, but.. there's a chance the AIH may not flare again for a year or two. We'll see.
So where I am, briefly because I feel horrible and am weak, is in hormone hell. After taking the Prednisone for 3 months that has likely suppressed my adrenals, which affect other hormones...
Okay... sorry, but my arms are aching badly just from typing.
Sheesh. More later.. I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment