Not going to be easy catching up, but I'll give it my best shot. I spend most of my days in bed, sleeping, or waiting for tylenol to kick in and 'possibly' help with the pain. Weakness is now stronger than my willpower, and fatigue is my constant companion. I don't have much energy to type, or even sit at the computer long enough to. So I'll try and get with it...
Appetite is all but gone. Still not feeling actual hunger but increased weakness and headache that tells me I should probably eat something. I usually have yogurt in the mornings so I can take medication, and I find myself full after just a few bites. I've no idea why this is, why diminished appetite and early satiety is back and worse than ever. I just know that it is.
Had my every-six-months echo on my heart about a week ago and just got results back. I'm looking for another cardiologist at UAB, because the one I have now doesn't really discuss anything with me, especially changes. I'm not okay with that given my family history and the other issues with my heart.
In six months time, since my last echo, my aortic valve has developed stenosis (none was found last time with echo or cath). It had "trace" regurgitation last time, and now it's to the 'mild' level. Doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize that even this small change happened in 6 months time. It's a watch-and-wait situation like my mitral valve issues. Yay. Not.
You guys may remember I had a heart cath a few months ago. This is when they found the mitral valve regurgitation had progressed. The report had no mention of stenosis, but if there were any it may not have been worth noting perhaps (just guessing here).
So given changes, and the recommendation to now have echoes every 6 months instead of yearly, I would think the dr. would be a bit more, I don't know, forthcoming to at least explain to me about the changes and what they do or do not mean. I sure wish Dr. Dewan was still my cardiologist... but he made a career move out of state. Dammit.
Also went to an allergist. Now this was the most surprising thing of all---after testing me for everything under the sun.. I'm not allergic to anything. lol All the sneezing and sinus issues are merely seasonal changes and not from allergy. Sounds like the same thing, but they're not at all. This appointment was 3 hours long and with a LOT of discussion. Doctor isn't just an allergist, he's also an immunologist. After talking to him about everything that's been going on, the AIH etc, symptoms, etc... he spoke to me about the possibility of a Myositis problem (sounds familiar, huh?), OR Lupus.
He said, and I will quote him: "You're allergic to yourself." We laughed about this a little, but he says that a lot of my nose and skin issues, that almost appear as allergy reactions, are most likely an autoimmune reaction. The pink cheeks, that aren't normal for me, he says may be an indicator of Lupus as well. Apparently, according to him and other research, Lupus is something that isn't really found during lab work via AI antibodies etc., although SOME people with lupus have that show up. Many, most in fact, who have it don't have that show up in their blood until the disease is years progressed.
Oh, as an aside--I got a breathing treatment while at the allergist's office. I was wheezing like crazy and the treatment helped! I had a somewhat wet cough for a few hours, but dang... that was awesome! Not from allergy though, the wheezing and dry cough I have. Lung issues.. yeah, there's still that. Anyway, back to the point....
Now I have to see another rheumatologist, and an endocrinologist (because of prednisone withdrawal), and well.. that just sucks. SO many doctor appointments. I'm absolutely worn out.
Well, time I left this blog and attempt short entries on the others. Honestly, my muscles are aching terribly just from typing. When the hell will this ever get better? :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So much for strong suggestions
ME22 & NE23. NEFL Eagle cam. Screen shot and photomanipulation by me. Copyright American Eagle Foundation. My physical jour...
-
But I was... the entire time during the procedure. It's not exactly the nightmare they make movies and write books about, but it more...
-
This is America. Is it too much to ask to be able to afford a hot meal at least once a day? Maybe a meal that 'isn't' oatmeal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment